Top 8 Email Forensic Analysis Software Rated by Industry Professionals
Overview: This write-up will help you find out the best email forensics tools available in the market. Being a forensic expert in the Industry, it is quite important to have the most trusted solution in the Industry. Thus, we have listed the top 8 email forensic analysis software for your ease.
Email has become the primary source for cybercriminals to carry out phishing and ransomware attacks. In fact, their techniques are becoming more sophisticated day by day. Making email examination tough and typical for digital forensic investigators. The biggest challenge among email examiners is finding the right evidence since it could be in any email client or in any format.
However, there are numerous email investigation tools available for forensic experts to make their job easier. Hence, let’s discuss some of the best email forensics tools without further ado.
List of Best Email Forensics Tools
- MailXaminer (Editor’s Choice)
- 4n6 Email Forensics Wizard
- Advik Email Forensic Wizard
- Aid4Mail Forensic
1. MailXaminer (Editor’s Choice)
MailXaminer is one of the most tried and tested email forensic analysis tools by most law enforcement agencies. It is one of the best user-friendly platforms to forensically analyze emails. It supports the analysis of email messages from 80+ email clients including Outlook, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Sea Monkey, and more. Moreover, it can examine different file formats such as MBOX, EML, MSG, PDF, HTML files, etc. There’s more to it.
- An in-built powerful search mechanism including various search options and logical operators.
- Facilitates advanced OCR for searching image content from attachment files.
- Advanced link analysis helps detect the relationship between multiple emails connected with each other.
- Easily finds evidence from the bulk of electronic data with the help of Robust Forensic Keyword Search.
- The sort & filter data facility helps in sorting files in ascending or descending order w.r.t different attributes.
- It supports 80+ email clients and 20+ file formats for analysis.
- Efficiently displays hash values which help in examining the email in a quicker way.
Above are just a handful of features of the best email forensics tool.
For more details, you can click on the given link – https://www.mailxaminer.com/
2. 4n6 Email Forensics Software
Talking about the next best software for forensic email analysis, the application by 4n6 comes next on the list. The utility comes loaded with numerous advanced features like opening, analyzing, and extracting email messages from the evidence file.
Key Features of this Email Forensic Analysis Software:
- View email header, properties, and hex value of email messages
- Search option that helps to filter our selective emails from the batch
- Extract data from email messages in multiple file formats
- Save email messages into 20+ platform options
- Extract email addresses, email attachments, and phone numbers
Visit the official site for more details: https://forensiksoft.com/email-forensics.html
3. Advik Email Forensic Wizard
This is one of the best email forensics tools designed to analyze emails. It can save or convert various emails in various legal formats without modifying any information.
- It can convert emails to 20+ file formats including PST, PDF, EML, MSG, RTF, XPS, and more.
- The software is easy to use due to its simple interface.
- The tool can create archives from nearly any email client.
- The email filter option is there to sort out the email properties as per requirement.
- 24X7 technical assistance from the customer support team.
Official Website Link – https://www.adviksoft.com/email/forensic.html
MailPro+ is a versatile and all-rounder investigation tool to preview, search, and export emails from popular mail clients. It supports 12+ file formats to view associated email information.
- The tool can search & extract emails from the hard drive.
- It can preview different email attachments such as PDF, JPG, GIF, etc.
- Gives the provision to search emails within source email files.
- Capable of exporting email in PST, PDF, MSG, HTML, EML, TIFF, and CSV format.
- It provides three modes to add files to the software interface.
Official Website Link – https://www.mailproplus.com/software/
5. Aid4Mail Forensic
Aid4Mail is also among the list of most rated email forensic analysis tools. It is helpful in extracting email from a wide range of email clients and popular email file formats such as PDF, EML, etc. It also supports advanced search mechanisms to simplify email investigation.
- Provides keyword search and filtering options.
- Supports Gmail, Thunderbird, Outlook, etc. email clients.
- It can investigate OST, PDF, EML, MSG, etc. file formats.
- Has a user-friendly interface.
Official Website Link – https://www.aid4mail.com/email-forensics-ediscovery
Xtraxtor is an incredible tool used to extract emails from the web as well as on-premise email clients. It is designed for users who want to view email data from different email clients. The software comes loaded with numerous preview modes to view the emails in multiple view modes like Email Content, Email Header Analysis, Hex View, etc.
Additionally, you cannot just export email messages but can also extract email attachments, email addresses, and various other details from email data files. Many experts rate this as the best email forensics tool in the Industry.
- It extracts, converts, and transfers emails to various other email clients.
- Helps in searching and finding the required email for the investigation.
- It can fetch email data from different mailboxes.
- The tool is easy to work with for the simple interface.
Official Website Link – https://xtraxtor.com/
Sintelix is an advanced email forensics software used for analyzing emails. The utility supports different email file formats for forensic analysis. It has dedicated features that help in viewing essential data effectively.
- It provides an advanced search option.
- The tool is helpful in visualizing email data accurately.
- Drag & drop email data import feature saves time.
- You don’t need to be technically sound to run this application.
An autopsy is a platform that allows users to examine and recover evidence from various devices. The email module in this application recognizes MBOX, PST, and EML files on the basis of file signatures and helps in extracting emails from them.
- View email attributes on the interface.
- No configuration is needed so far.
Though it’s an open-source platform, it’s quite not simple to work with.
Email forensics tools play a crucial part in solving critical email investigations. It not only simplifies the entire process but also helps in analyzing, collecting information, and managing cases. Thus, we’ve listed the top email forensic analysis tools for your reference.