Best Exchange Server Recovery Tools – Reviewed by IT Admin
Overview: Considering the issues faced by users with damaged Exchange database files, We have come up with some of the best Exchange recovery software available in the market. These tools are extensively tried and tested by Exchange administrators and rated as secure and reliable to perform Exchange EDB recovery.
Exchange Database (EDB) is the primary data storage file for mailboxes in Microsoft’s Exchange Server. It is the central storage for every mailbox saved in the Exchange Server, storing all information, including emails, contacts, attachments, and calendars.
Even though the Exchange Database offers a smooth usage experience, it faces a big issue – corruption. This blog explores the reasons for database file corruption and the 5 best Exchange recovery software you can use to recover data from your Exchange mailbox. So keep reading this blog!
5 Best Exchange Server Recovery Software
Many Exchange recovery tools are present online, helping you recover your corrupted Exchange database file. Since we can’t discuss them all, here are our five best recommendations for users to use Exchange recovery software. Let’s discuss them one by one:
1. SysTools Exchange Server Recovery Tool
SysTools developed a robust EDB recovery software for scanning corrupted EDB files and recovering your emails, contacts, journals, attachments, and other data in PST, PDF, MSG, and other formats. What makes this software further benefit is that you can export your recovered Exchange Database data to online Exchange Mailbox and Office 365 account directly.
Here are some features of this software:
- Recover deleted mailboxes from the Exchange Database File.
- Quick Scan and Advance Scan Modes for Precise EDB Recovery.
- Save Recovered EDB Data in PST, Office 365, and Online Exchange Mailbox.
- Exchange EDB recovery Allows to Maintains Data Integrity and Folder Order.
- Remove Email Encryption (S/MIME and OpenPGP) if Found Encrypted.
- Facility to Export Selective Mailboxes or Folders After the File Gets Scanned.
- Any Windows OS Version User Can Launch This Exchange EDB Recovery Software
Talking about the licensed version of the application, there are three licenses that you can choose from:
- Personal License – This version can only run on one machine (computer/laptop).
- Business License – You can purchase this license to run the application on up to 100 machines.
- Enterprise License – This version can run on up to 500 machines.
2. Shoviv Exchange EDB Recovery Tool
This is also one of the best Exchange Server Recovery software that expertly recovers corrupt and inaccessible Exchange Database files as well as private and public folders. It comes with an easy interface resembling Outlook and multi-format file conversion makes this tool perfect for recovering your EDB file data.
The Following Points Describe Its Features:
- Recover EDB Files Data & Save in EML, MSG, PST, HTML, & vCard Formats.
- Facilitate to Add Multiple Damaged EDB Files for Quick and Single Processing.
- Exchange Database Emails are Exportable to Office 365 Mailboxes Easily.
- Ensures Perfect Compatibility with All Outlook and Exchange Server Versions.
- Recovers Corrupted, Dismounted and Deleted File Items from Exchange Mailboxes.
- The Tool Quickly Scans and Recovers EDB Files without Any Size Limitation.
For the Demo Version, one of the top Exchange recovery tools offers the first 50 items for processing from each folder in the data file. For the Full Version, the software offers four licenses, mentioned in the following points:
- Standard License – Use on up to ten systems in small companies with unlimited data migration and export. The only downside is the technical support, license updates & validity are only for five years each.
- Corporate License – This license is usable for up to thirty systems for companies with multiple offices. Like the Standard license, you get unlimited data migration and export, added with lifetime technical support and license updates & validity.
- Technical License – Big companies with multiple offices can use this license for up to eighty systems. And like the corporate license, there’s lifetime technical support and license updates & validity.
- Enterprise License – Service providers or enterprises can use this license on infinite systems in multiple locations.
3. FreeViewer Exchange Mailbox Recovery
This most-rated Exchange Mailbox Recovery software is a perfect solution for repairing Exchange Database files that are dismounted and offline from the server. Many respected software websites recommend this software due to its efficient performance and expert conversion ability.
Some of Its Features are:
- Recovers Deleted Items from Exchange Mailbox with Attachments.
- Capable of Repairing Public (pub.edb) and Private Folders (priv.edb) of The Exchange Server.
- Date and Time-Based Filters for Exporting Limited Items from The EDB Files.
- Exchange Server Compatibility for 2016, 2013, 2010, and Older Versions.
- Recover All Deleted Data and Directly Export It to Exchange Server.
4. Stellar Repair for Exchange
This software is perfect for recovering all intentionally or mistakenly deleted Exchange Mailboxes. The powerful scanning algorithms help recover data items from dismounted or corrupt EDB files. The option to repair selective mailboxes and save them in desired formats makes this software more useful for Microsoft users.
The advanced features of the Best Exchange Server Recovery Software are:
- Two Options for Scanning the Corrupted EDB Files: Quick Scan (fast scanning, recommended for minor corruption cases) and Extensive Scan (takes more time but provides superior results)
- Processes Four Mailboxes Together, Thus Saving the Time Taken to Recover the Mailboxes. The Number of Parallel Processing can Vary, Depending on the Storage Available in Your System.
- You Can Set Priority for the Mailbox Recovery Process. It Means You can Recover the Critical Mailboxes First, Followed by Others.
- The Software can Also Recover Corrupt or Damaged Archive Mailboxes and Save Them to PST, MSG, PDF Formats Accepted by the Software.
- The Software Automatically Splits Larger Mailboxes having Many Emails.
- Advanced Filters to Include or Exclude Particular Email Items Automatically. You can Also Use Them to Ignore the Junk or Deleted Items Folder and Exclude the Emails Sent by a Specific Email Address.
This top Exchange mailbox recovery tool comes in three licenses, and we are mentioning them in the following points:
- Corporate License – This license has a year-long subscription with a hundred mailboxes recovery feature.
- Technician License – This license helps you with a lifetime subscription and unlimited mailboxes for recovery using the software.
- Toolkit License – This 5-in-1 toolkit comes with Exchange Mailbox recovery, EDB file converter to PST, OST file to PST converter, offline mailbox extractor, and Windows Server password recovery. There’s a lifetime subscription and unlimited mailboxes for recovery, similar to the Technician License.
5. BitRecover Exchange Recovery Tool
Verified and Preferred by Microsoft MVPs, this best Exchange recovery software helps you scan all offline and online Exchange Mailboxes for lost data. The option to repair EDB mailboxes even without any active Exchange Server makes this software more useful for Microsoft users.
These are some of the features of the software:
- Maintains Folder Hierarchy After the EDB Files Get Scanned and Recovered, Meaning That The Tool Prevents Data Loss and The Folder Structure is Intact.
- Decrypt the Encrypted SMIME and OpenPGP Emails with This Software.
- Scan and Recover Email Data on the Exchange Server, Stored Independently in Case of an Inactive or Dismounted Exchange Mailbox.
- Save the Recovered EDB Data and Save It in PST, Office 365, and Online Exchange Mailbox.
- Install Exchange EDB Recovery on Exchange Server Versions: 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 (32 and 64-bit).
Exchange database is the primary data storage file for mailboxes in Microsoft’s Exchange Server, storing all information, including emails, contacts, and calendars. The otherwise smooth usage experience of the Exchange database has one major issue – corruption. The reasons for the corruption in the Exchange Database file range from hardware issues to the storage limit getting exceeded, and may result in permanent data loss if ignored for a long time.
This blog discussed the 5 best Exchange recovery software for recovering your Exchange data file with their features. All these software are perfect for repairing your Exchange DB file, and it’s your choice to select a desirable software.