Best Cloud Migration Steps | Strategy & Tools For Secure Migration
In this article, we will explain a step-by-step process for successful cloud migration. You will get to know about the best tools & strategy for easy as well as fast migration.
As the technology is growing day-by-day to improve effectiveness and efficiency of IT users, cloud to cloud migration is also getting popular. Organizations are looking for methods to migrate to different cloud platforms to get more features that suit their business.
However, migrating workloads such as mailbox and storage can be quite a cumbersome and challenging process. To handle such task organizations requires a perfect strategy for smooth and secure migration. So it’s necessary to plan and execute the cloud migration steps so that no complexity occurs during the task.
What are the best Migration Strategies for Cloud?
Proper planning for the right cloud platform and steps for migration are the best strategy for cloud migration. The initial step is to carefully study the benefits of the cloud platform you are migrating to. Another is choosing the right tool for complete migration. Choosing the right method depends on two factors:
- Migrating user account between the same cloud platform: Every cloud platform provides a solution to migrate user account data between different domains of a cloud platform. Like G Suite has data migration service and Office 365 has Azure Migration service. However, these migration services only migrate emails of users between domains. Users need to look for different means to migrate contacts, calendars, and documents.
- Changing your Cloud platform: No cloud service provider grants an easy way out of their service. Easy cloud platform service provides allows an easy way to opt for their service but put hurdles when the user tries to leave it. There is no direct way to migrate complete data of users manually.
To solve the problems of the above two cases choosing the right strategy is a must. Currently, the only way to migrate user account between the cloud platform is by using cloud migration tools. There are multiple automated migration tools available in the market. To save you from trouble, we picked the best tool available in the market, i.e., SysTools Migrator.
This automated tool is capable of migrating emails, contacts, calendars & documents between different cloud services. This tool is best suited for organizations that wish to migrate between cloud platforms such as G Suite & Office 365. Additionally, the tool also allows to migrate on-premise such as Exchange server users data to Office 365 email client also.
Cloud Migration Steps of Migrator
1. First Download the tool for Windows / Linux environment
2. Activate the product using Activation code and then select Source & Destination Platform.
3. From the workload section, select the category of data to migrate and apply the date-range filter.
4. In source & destination tabs, enter the Admin ID, Application Id and Validate.
5. Now, choose mapping option source and destination platform user accounts.
6. Click on the Validate button for the authentication of user accounts and click on the Start Migration button.
7. The tool preview the migration in the list and tile view. You can also stop the ongoing migration using the Stop button.
8. After completion of migration, the tool provides the option to Download Report for validation of migrate data.
Why Choose Migration Tool?
As we have explained above that automated tools are the only way for cloud to cloud migration of user accounts. The reason we have to choose SysTools software among others is due to its features and functionalities that a user gets during migration. These features and functionalities are not available in any other migration tool. Following are the top-notch feature that you get during cloud migration steps:
- Category wise migration
- Calendar and Document permission migration
- Date-range filter for selective data migration
- Multiple source & destination user mapping
- Concurrent migration of multiple projects
- Option to Stop on-going migration processes
- Retry, Re-Run & Delta migration options
- Option to save Summary and Detailed report.
In the above guide, we have explained the best cloud migration steps for fast and easy migration of user account. You can plan your migration strategy and execute it using the best tool recommended above. First, download the free demo version of the tool for complete data migration for 2 user accounts.