How to Unlock and Edit Secured PDF Documents?
Do you have password-protected PDF files? And now want to remove security from PDF for editing? But don’t know how to do that. Then, you not need to worry! In this article, we are going to provide a step-by-step tutorial on how to unlock and edit secured PDF documents. Read on!
Sometimes you want to unlock a PDF file so that you can edit and save the file freely without having to enter the password. There are many times when a user has forgot the PDF file password, then the file will become inaccessible for doing any modifications. Thus, in such a case, the user needs to delete edit security from a file. Apart from this, there are lots of instances that arise in our day to day life.
Let’s examine one of the real-time user’s queries that we have taken from one of the forum sites.
User Query –
“Hi everyone! My mentor has assigned me a project and asked me to submit a report on that project. I have downloaded a PDF file and need to edit some points in that file to make a report. But, the file is password-protected due to which I am unable to edit that PDF file. Can you please tell me an appropriate solution on how to unlock and edit secured PDF file?”
Now, let’s find out the resolution for the problem!
Solutions for Editing a Password Protected PDF File
How to Edit a Secured PDF Via Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?
Adobe Acrobat Pro is an application program that allows you to perform a variety of editing functions on your PDFs such as read, print and sign PDFs. You need to purchase its subscription plan for utilizing its features. Here are the steps that need to performed after getting access to the software.
- First, open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Now, enter its password to view the file.
- Click File > Properties > “Security” tab.
- Click on the Security Method box > (in the drop-down menu) “No Security” > click “OK”.
- Now you will be prompted to enter the permission password. Give the password and hit OK. Again click on OK to give the confirmation.
How to Unlock and Edit Secured PDF? – An Expert Solution
The PDF File Unlocker Tool is one of the best application software that allows users to remove securities from a PDF file. With the help of this tool, users can easily unlock multiple secured PDF files for editing, printing, copying, signing, extract documents/etc. Moreover, the tool also supports removing both types of password encryption from a PDF file such as owner level and user level password.
Prominent Features of Automated Software
- Unrestrict a PDF file for commenting/Signing/Document Assembly
- Provides to Add Files / folders option to unsecure multiple PDF files
- Delete owner and user-level password security from PDF in batch
- Generate a preview about the status of the PDF file, before and after PDF Unlocking process
- Does not need an Adobe Acrobat to unlock locked PDF file
Let’s dive into the working of the tool!
Learn How to Remove Security From PDF For Editing
To unlock a PDF file and remove edit restriction, you have to download and run the tool in your system. After installing follow the below steps to unprotect a PDF file.
1. Launch the software on your system.
2. Click on Add File(s) or Add Folder(s)
Note: This tool can unlock a locked PDF file in batch mode. So you can add and unlock multiple PDF files at once.
3. Select the Save option to save the unlocked PDF documents at the selected destination location.
4. Now, choose the destination folder and click on the Unlock button to remove PDF password for editing.
5. Finally, a pop-up message “The PDF Files are Unlocked Successfully” gets displayed. Click the OK button.
Wrapping Things Up
In this blog, we have resolved one of the most frequently asked users query i.e how to unlock and edit secured PDF. First, we have mentioned the manual method to remove edit security from pdf ie by using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. But, it is quite expensive for the regular Adobe users. Hence, for the sake of naive users, we introduced the best tool that not only unlocks your PDF file for editing but also removes restrictions such as printing / copying / signing /etc. So the above-described tool is the reliable solution for how to remove pdf password for editing on Windows & Mac OS in batch mode within an affordable cost.