How to Open OST File without Outlook – Complete Explanation
Searching for resources that can help you to open OST file without Outlook. So, don’t worry now. You are at the right place.
OST files, which stand for “Offline Storage Table” were created by Microsoft Outlook. In these files, backups will be taken automatically when they are synchronized with the server. It is more secure due to the presence of encryption. These files continuously get heavier since their size increases when they are synchronized with the server.
All information is stored in an OST file like Emails, Notes, Tasks, and calendars. Opening an OST file without Outlook can be a laborious task. In the end, you will find the solution using simple steps.
But, the question is do you need to open an OST file without Outlook? Let’s see the reasons to do this.
Why do You Need to Open OST Files without Outlook?
You need to open the OST file to get your data back. There can be different scenarios in which you require to open the OST file without Outlook. Let’s discuss two of them.
- If any Outlook user sent you an OST file and you want to open that file. But when you are trying to open that file, then it is showing an error.
- If you uninstalled Outlook and left with an orphan OST file, then try to check the information in that file.
There can be multiple reasons to do this task. After having a look at need to open an Outlook OST file. Now, it’s time to find the solution to this problem. Let’s see if is there any method to open an OST file.
Methods to Open OST File without Outlook?
OST files are only compatible with Outlook. Trying to open OST file without Outlook is a tedious task. There is no method to open an OST file without Outlook. The only way to open an OST file without Outlook is by using the SysTools OST Viewer. This tool scan and browse the corrupt and orphan OST files using its Advanced Scan Mode. This tool can sort emails by Attributes like To, From, Subject, Sent, and Size. You can add multiple OST files.
There is no need for an Exchange Server Environment. It can operate on multiple systems. You don’t need to worry about the version of the OST file. This is supported in all the latest and previous versions. It is supported in all versions of Windows. Now you are thinking that the solution is complex or easy. The solution of OST opening without Outlook is very easy using this tool. Let’s deep dive into the steps of the tool that you have to perform.
10 Simple Steps to Open OST Files and View Your Data Again-
SysTools OST Viewer can solve this problem. You don’t need to be technical to use this tool. You just have to do drag-and-drop operations. This tool will take care of our data. It is made up of smart algorithms that maintains data integrity. During this process, your data will be safe and secure. You just need to follow these steps:-
- Download and Open the software then
- Click on Add File and then Next,
- Press Browse and
- Select File then Open.
- If the file is highly corrupted tap the Advance Scan.
- You can choose an folder like Emails, Calendars, Journals, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes.
- It supports different views such as Normal Mail View, Hex View, Properties View, Message Header View, MIME View, HTML View, and RTF View:
- Click on the Switch View to see mails either in Horizontal or Vertical views.
- Hit on the Load option to open the recent file.
- Activate Upgrade to Pro to export emails to PDF and Exit.
Opening an OST file without Outlook is not an easy task. It makes the user frustrated. But now as per the above discussion opening an OST file becomes easy with the tool. This tool can help you to access OST files without loss of data. This task can be done rapidly. It also helps to view the content of OST files in a way that preserves your data as it was earlier. It keeps the data safe and secure. You can also check out best OST to PST converter tools. Now query for open OST file without Outlook is solved.