Resolve Microsoft Outlook 2010 error 0x800ccc1a: Unable to Connect Using SSL
Nothing can be more disturbing than not being able to send an email message. Often it has been noticed that when you try to send or receive an email message, you receive an error code saying that
Figuring out the Causes of Microsoft Outlook 2010 Error 0x800ccc1a
On finding out the real cause for the Outlook 2010 sending error 0x800ccc1a reveals that this type of behavior occurs if you are trying to connect to the mail server through Secure Socket Layer and it not able to establish the connection. Reason being the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption is disabled for your e-mail account.
Now, let us see what suitable solution are there for resolving the “error 0x800ccc1a Outlook”.
Steps for Resolving out the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Error 0x800ccc1a
To work out the Outlook 2010 sending error 0x800ccc1a, one way out is not to use SSL encryption for the configured email account. For this, you have to turn off SSL encryption settings in the email account.
In case of Outlook 2002
- Launch Outlook on your system, and then click “E-mail Accounts” on the Tools menu
- On the ‘E-mail Accounts” window, select the following option View or change existing e-mail accounts << Next
- Choose the e-mail account which you require to change , and then select” Change” option
- Then select , More Settings<< Advanced
- Select to clear the “This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box that is under Incoming server (POP3)”
- Select to clear the “This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box that is under Outgoing server (SMTP)”
- Ok<< Next <<Finish
- Select “Close” to exit from the window
In case of Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Start Outlook 2007 on your computer
- Then select the option “Tools” from the menu bar and select the option “Account settings”
- Choose the relative email account and then select the ”change” option present at the top
- Then click on the “More settings” tab
- Choose the tab “Advanced”
- Then, under the section “this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checkbox, select the option “None” from
the array of options present in the drop-down menu.
- Then select Ok <<Next << Finish
- Finally, close down the account settings window and start sending/receiving messages
In case of Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Initiate Outlook 2010 and select the following options – File|Info|Account settings
- Choose the proper email account and then select the “Change” option located right on the top
- Then select More Settings | Advanced
- Here disable the checkbox under the category mentioned as “this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checkbox”
- Select “None” from the drop down menu
- Then select Ok| Next| Finish
- Exit from the Account settings window to continue with receive or send messages
By carrying the above settings in your Outlook, you can resolve the Outlook 2010 sending error 0x800ccc1a and continue with the sending/receiving of messages on Outlook normally.
Looking for a software solution to analyze PST File?
Find the most advanced platform to analyze PST file i.e. Outlook PST File Forensics tool. The software is loaded with sophisticated features that assist the investigators to open, view and read the Outlook PST file without Microsoft Outlook installation. Using Advanced Scan mode, experts can perform deep analysis on PST file. The best part of the tool is that it is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook.