How to Open PST File Without Outlook? Tested Solutions
Summary: Wondering about a reliable way to Open PST file Without Outlook? But, you couldn’t find any easy solution. Then, don’t worry! Today’s blog is all about opening & reading a PST file without Outlook how? Let us read the complete post and before that, we will take a little introduction to the PST file.
PST (Personal Storage Table) is a file format that Microsoft programs use to store items like Contacts, Calendar Events, and Email Messages. The PST is stored within a popular Microsoft tool like Windows Messaging, Microsoft Outlook, and Exchange Client. Moreover, the PST file format is commonly referred to as a personal folder, or when used as a cache in Outlook exchange mode, an Offline Storage Table or Offline Folder.
Table of Content
So, let us learn about how to read a PST file in the topic and open it in which email clients are without Outlook. Here, we tell you through manual and professional approaches how to get PST files without facing any trouble. Before moving towards the solutions first we will discuss the common reasons why users need to open a PST file without Outlook.
Why Need to Open PST File Without Outlook? – Reasons
There may be several reasons behind why users need to open PST files without Outlook on their Windows system. Because of corruption, damage or some other reasons to read Outlook PST data files. Some of the common reasons are mentioned below:
- In some cases, users want to read old PST file data but for a longer time they haven’t used Outlook as their email client.
- If you want to share a PST file with someone else. But the receiver doesn’t use Outlook or their Outlook subscription has expired and doesn’t want to buy it again.
- A Shared device and want to open & read PST file but don’t want to download and configure Outlook on my system.
Now, it’s time to move towards the manual method because users suffered a lot for finding an appropriate solution. Let’s begin!
Manually Read PST Files Without Outlook – How?
If you want to perform this task using a manual method to open PST files without Outlook. So, follow the below two stages to get an appropriate solution.
Stage 1: How to Open a PST File Without Outlook?
The PST emails should be saved as HTML and opened in a web browser. Check below how to Open PST File as HTML? If you want to transfer emails from a PST file to someone who doesn’t have Outlook? Then, you might be able to convert it into a different format so that the recipient can access it.
- Firstly, Open MS Outlook
- Choose the appropriate email address
- Now, select the file choice
- Then, choose “Save As”
- Choose HTML as your preferred format
- And, save the file.
Stage 2: Using Gmail Account
In case you need to read a PST file without any dependency then, we just suggest Gmail because it’s a free and easy solution to read & open PST File without Outlook:
- Open the Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook tool.
- Now, click Next, Sign in with your “Gmail ID”
- Give Permission for Gmail to Access your Data, click to “Allow”
- Next, Select “Outlook Profile” or “PST File”, click on “Next”
- Now, select the Required Data (Emails, Contacts, Calendar) then hit to “Migrate”
- Migration process will start, you can see Live Migration
- Click “OK”
- Next Migration Status Shown with success rate
- You can see Migrated Folder in Gmail
- At least see Migrated Emails within Gmail.
Microsoft Outlook users are aware of the fact that it is almost next to impossible to open an Outlook Data file without MS Outlook. Since all the Manual Approaches have some restrictions associated with them. Therefore, users do not prefer to use the Manual Approach. Some limitations are mentioned below:
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- It is not capable of viewing the Outlook attachments. This approach can only give the preview of the Email data without MS Outlook.
- To access Outlook PST files is quite lengthy and complex as compared to other professional approaches.
- Using this Manual Approach, only one single mail can be viewed at a time which consumes a lot of time to access a PST file in the absence of Microsoft Outlook.
Open Multiple PST File Without Outlook – Professionally
After performing the above manual method still users asked how to open PST file without Outlook. Not to worry! Grab this amazing PST Viewer Tool it is designed for a user-friendly interface that can easily preview Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Emails, etc. Also, there is no restrictions to seamlessly browse PST files of any size.
Moreover, users can easily open or read multiple Outlook PST files without Outlook in just a single click. It also allows you to open corrupted or damaged PST files with or without Outlook using a professional tool. That supports both the technical and non-technical users without any technical knowledge.
Now, we have explained the software working steps also which is easy & simple for any kind of issues.
Step-by-Step Process to Open & Read PST Files
1. Download & Run the software on Windows
2. Browse PST file and select “Advance Scan” option
3. Preview “Outlook Data Items” into various preview modes
4. Click on the “Switch View” option to choose between Horizontal and Vertical views.
We have discussed how to Open PST File Without Outlook solutions here. If you have corrupted or damaged PST files then don’t worry! In this blog we have provided an automated tool that is designed for a user-friendly interface and easily processes the task. This tool has no limitations to open multiple.pst files without Outlook in a hassle-free manner. On the other hand, we have a manual method that is easy but there are some technical challenges to perform this opening or reading PST files without Outlook. Read this blog post for more details!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I Open PST Files Without Outlook?
Yes, use the above tool that can easily open & read PST files without Outlook.
Q 2: Is there any file size limitations to open or read the PST files without Outlook?
No, there is no file size restrictions; you can easily open numerous Outlook PST files without facing trouble.