Outlook PST File has Reached its Maximum Size – Now?
Searching for Outlook PST file has Reached its Maximum Size. Here is the right place. Basically, Outlook is an email client that can be used personally and professionally. It provides various services to work like Emails, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Journals, etc. It also gives sorting of emails automatically and many more. All these data are stored in the PST file. PST files can be of two different types, either ANSI or UNICODE. By using regular emails your Outlook PST file is full.
The previous version of Outlook97 and Outlook 2002 has a PST file size limit is 2GB. After that in Outlook 2003 and 2007 it becomes 20 GB. And now all the latest versions of Outlook now having a PST file size limit is 50 GB.
Before Outlook 2003, there is an ANSI PST file. But from Outlook 2003 onwards there is a UNICODE PST file.
On someday your system is not working properly and shows some error like Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size. What are the difficulties due to reaching the PST file size limit you can face?
Complications Due to PST File Size Limit
Increasing PST file size can cause several complications which can affect the software drastically. Also showing the error Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size.
- The outlook may be crashed or freeze due to the PST file size limit.
- It makes the software slow and also affects its functioning.
- It can also affect the software too much, sometimes you can’t be able to open Outlook.
- Due to the PST file size limit, the file may be corrupt or damaged. This lead to data loss.
There is so much loss you have to bear. If you have to save your PST file from being corrupt, keep your data safe without any loss. You also want to avoid the error of Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size. Then, choose the right steps at the correct time. But now you are thinking that what can I do to protect my PST file? Here, is the solution. There is a different approach to doing this task. Let’s discuss what they are:-
Different Approaches to Deal with PST Files, if Its Size Limit Is Reached
To solve the problem of PST file size limit you can opt for two approaches as per your need. Both approaches will help you to avoid the Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size problem. One is the manual and the other is professional. Let’s deep dive into them.
1. Using manual methods
First:-Cleanup Deleted Items
There is a place in Outlook that stores the deleted items to give backup when required. They are also taking up space in the PST file. There can be a huge data in the deleted items folder that is creating the error for the PST file size limit.
You can solve the problem of Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size using some short steps only.
- Click on FILE then, Cleanup Tools.
- Inside the Cleanup Tool dropdown select the Empty Deleted Items Folder.
- Then a dialog will open for confirmation, tap on YES.
Second:- Use Archive Folder
There is also an option in Outlook that is providing the solution of Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size. It can help you to store the old items. You can also try to do this using the Archive folder. It is used to store old items and make space free in the PST file.
You can achieve it by following some steps;-
- Click on FILE, then Cleanup Tools > Archive.
- Choose the appropriate option Archive this folder and all subfolders.
- Find the date from which, older items you want to archive.
- Tick on Include items with Do not Auto Archive checked.
- Browse the location where you want to save the file and Press OK.
Third:- Registry Method
After getting an idea about the above two methods. Now is the time to know the third method for the PST file size limit is the Registry method. You can manually extend the size of the PST file.
Using some steps:-
- Press windows+R type regedit.
- Double-click on MAXFILE Size.
- In value data, type bytes as you want and select Decimal and Tap ok.
Note:- After knowing about the above three manual methods. You cannot make sure, that they will help you to keep your data safe without any loss. And preserves your PST file from being corrupt. This is not the right way to Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size problem.
You should go with the right approach which is working in a professional manner. And giving the solution to your query on error Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size.
2. Right Way to Increase the Size of PST File.
You should go with the easy way and the professional way. There you do not need to be a technical person. Here is the tool SysTools PST Split, it can resolve the problem of the PST file size limit reached. It is an easy way to manage PST, you just use drag-and-drop operations to get your task done.
It is taking care of file integrity. During this process, it will not damage your file at any cost. It also ensures proper security to keep your data intact, such as emails, notes, tasks, calendars, contacts, and journals. It is supported in all versions of Windows. This is the best software to manage PST file size limit without interfering the Outlook. You can choose the size for file from the range of 1 MB to 1 TB. It will definitely help you to overcome the Outlook PST file that has reached its maximum size issue.
- Open the software.
- You can choose any relevant option like ADD File for a single PST file.
- ADD Folder for multiple PST files.
- You can also search the file using the SEARCH Files option.
- Click on Browse to select the file and press Open.
- Tap on REMOVE to remove the single file and REMOVE ALL to remove all files.
- Hit on Browse to save the resultant file. And click Next.
- After selecting the destination you are having multiple options like size, category, email, date, year, and folder.
- Choose the size from 1 MB to 1 TB and then, Next.
In the end, you got the solution of Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size problem.
Now, you are having a proper idea about the PST file and PST file size limit. How it can affect the software and also creates issues for your PST file in terms of data loss and file inaccessibility. You also know the manual ways to get out of the PST file size limit problem.
But manual solutions are not the right approach. Because they are not working on the corrupted file and not easy to do that steps. So, you should not go with these ways to solve Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size problem. They require a bit of technical knowledge. You can also take help from best PST splitter software. You can do any mistake while using Archiving or deleting old items and that mistake can give a huge loss. So, go with the professional way and use the tool. To get a solution to your problem “Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size”.