Large PST File Crashes Outlook – Now What?
If you are searching for the large PST file crashes Outlook then you are already aware of the PST file. It is the file that is used as storage for all of your Outlook data like Emails, Notes, Tasks, Journals, and contacts. Earlier till Outlook 2003 it was using the ANSI format. But after that outlook PST file is working with UNICODE format. There can be multiple reasons for crashing the PST file in Outlook.
Let’s go and see some reasons:-
Reasons for Large PST File Crashes Outlook
When you are using Outlook the PST file is associated with that. When you are active on Outlook through emails, tasks, notes, and other features as well. It made the PST file more weightier. Now you are excited to know what are the actual reasons that take you in that situation.
- Large files – When you are using email services regularly, and you are actively receiving attachments. You can estimate how much data will be stored in PST. Due to this reason large PST file crashes in Outlook.
- Due to Duplicity – Duplicate items are also one of the reasons to crash the large PST file. Duplicate items are also taking the space as per the original file. This means there will be twice of space allocation for the same data. This can also be the reason for PST file crashes.
Here, you got an idea about the major reasons for large PST file crashes. These are the major reasons. There may be a possibility that you are searching this query due to another reason. Now it’s time to know about the impacts of a large PST file. Is it really take you in danger?
Impacts of a Large PST File
You really don’t have an idea about the impacts of the large PST file crashes. It can impact you at a very high cost. It can even affect the whole outlook performance and Outlook crashing when opening also. Let’s discuss some major impacts of having a large PST file crash.
- File Corruption – Due to large in size. PST file may be corrupted which can cause problems for you to open the file to access your data.
- Delaying – It creates problems while sending and receiving emails. It took a lot of time to send and receive emails.
- Performance – Large PST files can also affect the performance of Outlook. It makes Outlook unresponsive which can make you bother.
After getting an idea about the impacts of a large PST file. You have made a viewpoint about the impacts of a large PST file.
Now let’s deep dive into the solutions to manage large PST files. There are two methods, one is manual and another is professional. You can opt for any method either manual or professional to keep your data safe from large PST file crashes.
1. Use the Compression method to avoid PST file crash
This is a manual way that is present in Outlook itself. It is a quick way to manage a large PST file from crashes. You can just do some steps to complete your task:-
- Click On File and then Account settings,
- After that hit on Data File, select the PST file, and choose Settings.
- Tap on the Compact Now button and press Ok after the process completes.
2. Remove the unwanted data permanently
This is the second manual method that helps to keep you safe from large PST file crash. it is also available in Outlook itself.
It can achieve using these steps:-
- Open File, and click on Cleanup Tools.
- Select the empty deleted items folder.
- Tap on YES.
After analyzing all of the manual ways that are available in Outlook. Looks like an issue. If you are not so much technical then it creates a problem for you. You have to be attentive while doing all of the steps. If there is any misshapen then you have to suffer a lot. Because here is the key point of your data. If data is lost then there will be a huge issue. So, let’s discuss the right way to manage and protect your large PST file from crashes. Now, start the professional way to manage a large PST file.
Efficient Way to Manage Large PST File
As you know the important to manage large PST file crashes in the right way. If you want to secure your data while compression. Then, you have to use the tool which is SysTools PST Compress. This tool is provide you with compressed data without a bit of data loss. Using this tool, you can compress PST files in batches. After compression, you can save the attachments to another folder.
It also provides the feature to include and exclude PST files during compression. The compression process also takes place as per the date range.
After getting the compressed data, you can also view the log report that is showing the actual process in detail. It is also operated by Standard users without Admin Privileges. If you are having an older version of Outlook. Then, your PST file was in ANSI format. There is no issue while using this tool it is compatible to use both formats. This tool is supported by all of the Outlook versions 2021, 2019, and below. You can also use Create PST file for Specific Folder approach.
You can compress your file by using these steps:-
- Download and launch the software.
- You can choose a single file to compress if you need, then ADD File.
- There is also an option to select a folder to compress and then go with the ADD Folder.
- If you don’t remember the exact location then go for the Search option.
- After selecting the required file either by ADD file, ADD Folder, or Search. Click on Open.
- After selecting the file, you realize to remove a file then you can do so using REMOVE.
- If you want to remove all then choose REMOVE ALL.
- If you want to remove the attachments choose to Remove Attachments.
- If you want to compress the attachments choose Compress Attachments.
- If want to remove attachments from the PST file and save it in a specific folder.
- Then click on Remove and Save Attachments in a Folder.
- Remove and Compress Attachments in a Folder can extract attachments and
- After compression save them in a zip format.
- After doing this, click NEXT.
- Once the file is added, now you can choose and remove the folders.
- If required you can select the Exclude Deleted Items and Exclude Junk Folders.
- Click on the change to save the resulting file.
- And then NEXT.
- You can select items for compression like Mail, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, and Journal.
- Choose the Date filter for compression.
- You can choose File size for compression from 1 KB to 100 MB.
- After completion of the process click on NEXT.
In the end after taking a look at all of the ways of manual and professional. You are now able to choose the right method for you. Which can help you to manage large PST file crashes. In the manual ways, you are having two ways but both are not so much efficient. They are not secure and can cause data loss. To keep your data safe and secure while compression goes with the tool and use its advanced features that will help you to manage your large PST file crashes.